Search Term:

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Being sick, and an advantage of working at home.

I had a cold in the past few days.  And although I feel much better now, it was worse in the beginning - about two to four days ago.  My nose was stuffy, my throat was painful, my face felt somewhat full and heavy, I had a mild to moderate headache.  Overall, I wasn't feeling very well.  But despite that, I still went online to do some work.  I did rest.  I logged in much less time compared to usual.  But at least I was able to log in some time each day when I felt ok enough to do so.
This is an advantage of working at home.  I can choose to work anytime within the 24 hours in the day, whatever time is ok for me.  It's flexible.  It doesn't have to fall between 9 to 5.  I don't have to go to some particular place out there for work.  I don't have to worry about the commute.
I guess, if I had a regular job I can probably ask for a sick leave.  But that usually requires you to go to a doctor and get a medical certificate.  And to be honest, at most times when not feeling well, I'd much rather just stay at home and rest.  The main point of my staying at home and not going to work is that I feel bad enough not to want to travel.  If I am able to go to the doctor, then I might as well just go to work too.  At least, that's the way I think about it.

And so anyway, now I'm feeling much better.  Just a cough every now and then.  But the headache's gone, nose has stopped running.  I don't constantly need tissue nearby anymore, and used ones has stopped piling up in front of me.
The only problem left is that my internet connection is still unstable.  Seriously.  The problem started when it rained a few days before I caught a cold.  Now, I'm better, but my internet is still sick.  >.>  But oh well... that's probably another blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment